Please keep an I on the programme.
The first event we have coming up is the Chairman’s quiz and social evening.
This will be followed by a two week closure due to the Chantry being closed.
Coming up in the New Year will be Tiago doing part two of his talk on DMR radio, this one is more practical, get to see it in action.
Due to a change in working commitments Tiago is unable give his talk and demonstration of DMR. We will look to reschedule in the New Year.
Tiago was due to talk to the club about his adventures in DMR and give the first of two talks introducing DMR. The first has been postponed from the 3rd of November to a date to be decided, apologies for any inconvenience.
Hopefully we can see everyone on the new evening.
From Wednesday 21st of July the club will be resuming in person meetings at the Chantry BS35 1HB at our usual time of 19:30.
The first one will be a general natter and catch up night.
We are looking for weekly subs to be cashless (£3.50 per week), all members should have received an email from John the treasurer with details. Also annual membership fees if not already paid are due now.
The committees current feeling is that face coverings should be worn when moving around the building but ok to remove while stationary, with appropriate social distancing.
The provisional return to meeting in person at the club is currently 21st of July 2021. This all will all be dependant on covid restrictions in place at the time. Further information to follow when known.
Until the then the club will still be holding the regular 2m net on a Friday evening. Also the daily check-in net on the local 70cm repeater GB3ZB each morning.
Due to recent changes in the Covid regulations the transition back to physical meetings is now cancelled.
The club will still have it’s weekly VHF net on Friday evenings at 20:00 local time.
The other informal nets that groups of members have and the members Zoom meetings will be how we keeping in contact.
We are planning to restart club meetings at the Chantry. Initially we are considering a fortnightly meeting on the usual Wednesday (1st and 3rd). The first meeting back is now planned for the 16th September. The first meeting will be purely a social meeting. Please let the Secretary know whether you plan to attend, this will allow us to estimate whether it is financially viable to run meetings presently. The 2nd, 4th and 5th Wednesday of each month will continue to be a Zoom meeting for members.
The following Terms and Conditions shall be adhered to;
- No attendance at club if you are showing any signs of COVID-19 or have been told to isolate for any other reason.
- All members are to perform their own personal risk assessment as to whether they should or should not attend. This should be at a level such that the individual member feels safe. Guidance if required please contact either the Secretary, Vice Chairman or Treasurer.
- Tables and other surfaces to be sanitised before club starts at 7:30pm. The room will be ventilated by all means possible i.e. doors and windows open.
- No attendance before 7:30pm. This will allow for two members to setup and sanitise the room from 7:00pm.
- Masks to be worn at all times.
- No Tea and Coffee facilities will be available. Members can bring their own ready made beverage in a suitable container.
- No change will be given for Subs or Membership fees, any balance will be added to your account. Please Pre-pay if possible.
- All members shall use hand sanitiser upon entry or re-entry to the room, which will be provided by the Chantry at the entry to the Buckingham room.
- Only one member in the shack at any time and only one member to use the shack radio equipment per week.
- Please respect social distancing when using the other facilities within the building/s (e.g. Toilets and Halls).
The above will be regularly re-assessed and either added to or amended as required by the committee.
All members who have not yet paid their yearly membership fee will be required to do so before the end of October.
Garry G7NVZ Vice-Chairman on behalf of the committee.
Due to external influences we are unable to meet at the Chantry on the 6th May 2020.
The talk / Q&A from Andy Jenner (G7KNA) our RSGB representative will now be held on 13th May 2020.
On the 6th May we will probably be out and about, details to follow.
The next couple of weeks we will not be meeting.
The TSGARC will next meet on the 8th of January 2020 at the Chantry.
Some dates have been added to the programme for 2020.
If any members have any ideas for more things to do please let any of the committee know.
We have also had some suggestions for trips, some would be long days.
The places put forward so far as below: